Fifth Harmony Sets the Record Straight on Camila Cabello's Departure One Last Time

This post was originally published on this site.

The remaining four ladies of Fifth Harmony are setting the record straight once and for all on Camila Cabello‘s departure.

Almost exactly 24 hours after news broke that the singer would be leaving the girl group, Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane Hansen, Lauren Jauregui and Normani Kordei penned a lengthy letter on Instagram explaining their side of the events.

“To our harmonizers, we know you are hurt and confused, we are too. We know you want answers. And you deserve them, as you are just as much a part of this group as the four of us are,” the post began. “The last thing we want is to engaged in a battle of we said, she said, but we’ve let our story play out in press and on social media for too long. So to our Harmonizers, who we care so deeply about, we want you to hear everything from us, unedited, not manipulated, just us, to you.”

The ladies confirm that in mid-November, they were informed by Camila’s manager that she would be leaving the group. At the same time, they were informed that Sunday night’s iHeartRadio Jingle Ball performance would be her last with the group.

But the performers are also ready to share how they tried to keep the group together, without much help from Camila.

“Over the past several months we have consistently made every effort to sit down and discuss the future of Fifth Harmony and Camila. We have spent the past year and a half (Since her initial solo endeavor) trying to communicate to her and her team all the reasons why we felt Fifth Harmony deserved at least one more album of her time, given the success of this past year that we’d all worked so hard for,” the post read. “We called for group meetings which she refused, we asked LA Reid and the label to step in and try to set meetings, which again, she refused. We even went as far as group counseling which she did not show up to.”

The girls continued, “So no, after months of rejection from her and her team, these supposed lengthy conversation sin fact never happened, although we pleaded. We have tried with exhausted efforts and hearts to keep this group alive as the five of us, and we want it to be very clear that unfortunately those efforts were not mutual.”

Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images

Earlier in the day, a source shared with E! News that Camila had multiple meetings with the group in the past, including with intermediaries. Ultimately, they were described as “unproductive.” 

While some fans may sense some bad blood between Camila and the four remaining members, the group’s latest statement makes it clear that they want everyone to succeed in their music careers.

“We truly support anyone’s decision to do what makes them happy and to that end we do with Camila all the best although saddened by the way she and her team handled the situation,” Monday night’s Instagram post read. “To watch Camila walk away from this special world we’ve built with you is tough but we will move forward together.”

With new music on the horizon for 2017, All, Dinah, Lauren and Normani assure fans that they have said their peace. Now it’s time to move forward.

“We are done engaging in this back and forth. We know our truth, we know the hard work we’ve put in and how we’ve tried time and time again to make this work for the five of us,” the group shared. “We also know the love and devotion we will continue to put into this group all with the support of you, the loyal Harmonizers. We wish only good things for all. Onward and upward.”  

Read the full statement through Instagram here

No Comments Yet

Comments are closed